Monday 15 April 2013

Poetry: Judged Again


Judged Again
by Dara Velasco

The crowd pushes me beyond my comfort zone
You know that I rather be alone
Than be in a sea of disgruntled strangers
In my head I count the unforeseen dangers
They make me fake a happy face
As if that is always the case
What I really want to do, is run to the corner
Where I will feel much safer
People might say that I am recluse
But it is what I chose
Over the disorienting public
Because sometimes they just make me panic
I hold my breath and count to ten
And then I’d be ready to be judged again
Sometimes the naysayers accomplish their aim
Sometimes I take the claim
I take my silent victory cheer
Despite the resounding jeer
When the curtains are down and the shows over
I’d know that I am an ounce braver
For I had the courage to face prying eyes
And the perpetrators in disguise



Photos from this amazing artist : Camelia-07  (click the name and your off to see her other amazing works)

No comments:

Post a Comment