Monday 29 April 2013

Poetry: Unsure


Unsure
By Dara Mae Velasco

I am drowning in the miseries of my life
Contemplating on whether I should end it with a knife
I want to cry
Or bleed myself dry
What is worse, dying young?
Or living with everything else going wrong ?
I am troubled and I need peace
I just could not find it in this earthly place
No voice could calm the child inside of me
No touch can make pain go away
It’s like the scar that never heals
In my spine, it sends down chills
Feelings that I could not simply deny
Am I leaving a lie?
I have come to the point where I can’t see
The future ahead of me
Once upon a time
I was at my prime
When ask what I want to be
I was sure to answer with such a glee
If you would ask me now
I would simply give a sigh and bow
For I am unsure
And there seems to be no cure 

No comments:

Post a Comment