Saturday 13 April 2013

Poetry: Nightmare


Nightmare
by: Dara Velasco 

Photo from: http://kalessaradan.deviantart.com/art/Nightmare-20238632
Drenched in my own sweat
It is still dawn and I am already on my feet
I just had that horrible nightmare once again
To my disdain
It has been torturing me like the black plague
Though somehow, as time pass by it becomes more and more vague
I could not remember the exact details of such horrid experience
And yet seconds ago the atmosphere was more intense
I could still feel my heart pounding
My cries resounding
The hair in every corner of my skin standing
Terrified of that dark being
He, she, or it towered above me
Claimed my soul and my reality
I wanted to run away
It grabbed me before I could take a single step, to my dismay
It did not say a single word
That made me more afraid of what is yet to unfold
It dragged me to this grimy pool of water
The creature touched it, and it turned crystal clear
There I see a very solemn ceremony
People’s eyes directed to one thing at center, expressing such agony
I came closer
As I did, I felt the air grew colder
The gaze of people settled on that coffin at the center of the hall
One by one people had time to speak at the pedestal
At first I could not figure what is happening
Then, when I started listening
I heard them say my name and when they do, they stutter
And there eyes start to drop some tear
As they continue their voice would crack
I was taken aback
Because when I sneaked to see what is inside the casket
I could see my lifeless self inside it
It was then that I realized the creature made me look at my own interment
It was a sad yet somehow liberating event
Alas I said, “My soul is going to be liberated from the shackles of my reality”
Free from the prying eyes of society
Then I look around and see how people mourn for my young soul
Slowly I felt I was falling inside a hole
I hit the bottom and I opened my eyes
Then I realized, it was just that nightmare again
Trying to make me realize something beyond this earthly plain
I wake to live another day
To correct my wrongs and say what I have and need to say


Nightmares are terrible but if you would really look pass the fear you'd be able to learn a very valuable lesson. As mortified as I am of this dream, I just have to accept that I am mortal and this life is borrowed. I am so happy of what that nightmare thought me about death. It is scary but I know it is inevitable. I thank God for the time He gave to roam this earth. I hope that as I walk around this earthly plain I will be able to correct my wrongs and tell the people I love how I feel. 

P.S I got teary-eyed as I type the last sections of this blog.

If you want to how nightmares or dreams in general are generated you can read my blog entry Bad Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment